One from JoAnne R:
Saturday, June 24, 2017
Friday, June 23, 2017
Here are some new US Forever postage stamps:.
An unusual aspect is their thermal-sensitive design,
which is not mentioned anywhere on the sheet.
If you touch the back or the front of a stamp,
the black circle disappears to reveal the full moon.
When it cools off, the circle becomes dark again.
The sheets have 16 stamps on them.
|Paardon the flash reflex...|
On the back is a projection of the path
for optimal viewing across our USA
on August 21, 2017.
(Those who plan to view this phenomenon
MUST use special filter protective viewing glasses
to prevent eye injury.
They can be ordered online.)
My postmistress suspects that these stamps,
the first to feature this thermal-sensitive design,
will sometime become collectors' items.
So run right down to your local post office
and snatch some up!
Thursday, June 22, 2017
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
After receiving an assortment of lovely decorated papers
in a recent swap, let's make something with them!
I know, you might just want to hold on to them,
but if you will incorporate parts of some of them
into Artist Trading Cards (2+1/2" x 3+1/2")
you will still have papers left over.
Keep in mind that any embellishments like beads, brads or 3-D stickers might require cushioning with protective tissue or thin bubble wrap.
Those who didn't participate in the recent Decorated Papers Group Swap may participate in this swap by incorporating their own decorated papers.
THEME: ATC's using Decorated Papers
MEDIA: Your choice
TECHNIQUE: Your choice
SIZE PARAMETERS: 2+1/2" x 3+1/2"
- SELF-ADDRESSED ENVELOPE
- NON-MACHINABLE POSTAGE
- WAXED PAPER BETWEEN EACH PIECE
- YOUR RETURN ADDRESS ON BOTH ENVELOPES
Put your ATC's in an envelope and send by July 17th
PO Box 142
Freedom, NY 14065
PO Box 142
Freedom, NY 14065
- You may submit as many as four ATC's. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- Mail your ATC's to your host in an envelope, and your host will mail out the swapped ATC's in the self-addressed envelope you provide.
- If you're sending more than one ATC, please insert waxed paper or parchment between the cards so they don't get stuck together in the envelope. Art pieces with glue, paint or sealant are very likely to get stuck together
- in summer's heat and humidity.
- Write “MMSA - Use It " on the back of each ATC
- Please write your return address on the back of the ATC and consider including your email address so the recipient can thank you.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your return address, and non-machinable postage (currently 70-cents)
INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS - contact the swap host regarding using PayPal to cover return mailing postage, or make other arrangements.
You can find all the postal specifications (and a handy postage calculator) here: http://postcalc.usps.gov